The Spirit of Wood Badge



Click on the photo above and open it as wide as you can.  I took this Saturday, June 25th, the last day of Woodbadge for the June course 2016.  Its empty.....

Take a moment and ponder the site.  What kind of feelings does this photo give you to see it empty?   Do you feel a little at a loss like me?  Do you miss it?...

Think of the feelings you felt when this was full.  What was the thought or thing that hit you the most?, or had the most profound effect while you stood in this courtyard?

Look at the spot where you stood.  Think of the people who stood around you.  Think of the sounds and smells.

Who will stand there this June?  Who needs to stand there this June?....  Who are the people we are going to meet for the first time and hopefully have an effect on them?  I am excited to meet them.

I find it odd, when I meet somebody for the first time, in a setting where we have to co-mingle and work together, that I came to meet that person.  Out of all the billions of people in this world, why did that person meet up with me at this time and this place?   What is it that took that person's path from where they began their earth life, and after meandering all over the place over the years, to meet up with my path that has meandered all over the place over the years?  The odds for winning the lottery are a lot better.   What is the greater plan and how does He know we need to meet that person?

Everybody on staff is trying to recruit.  They know people I don't know or would never meet without their efforts.  Who are the people that I am going to photograph in June?  What is their story?  I can't wait to find out.

I don't believe in coincidences.  I believe that a person comes into our lives at the right time and the right place and there's a reason for it.

When I look at this photo, I feel the "Spirit of Wood Badge".  I remember the sights, the sounds and the smells and most importantly, the people.  I felt a lot of emotion during the flag ceremonies, and taking on the responsibilities of the different things we were required.  It was hard to come up with a yell everyday and do everything we needed to do, but I'm glad I did.  I am fortunate to get to do it again as a staff person.

Back to Gillwell, Happy Land.............

I would love to hear your comments and feelings.  Please post them.